I currently offer my services as a consultant, or on a freelance basis, in my various areas of expertise which include: Maritime, Museums, & Non-Profit areas.
- IHO Category A Hydrographic Surveyor
- Naval Command Certified (4+ years in command of RNZN’s principal survey ship, HMNZS MONOWAI)
- Experienced navigator (a number of navigation assessments completed for Resource Management applications)
- Ship/Company Security Officer Qualified
- ILM Qualified (current)
- STCW II/I experience (qualifications not renewed 2018)
- Over 25 years’ experience with non-profit organisations and charities in various capacities including Treasurer, Secretary, Chairman/President, Director (non-profit management) and Ltd company (governance), CEO of major NZ Museum.
- Consultant to charities and non-profits: Over 13 years’ experience in the provision of advice and assistance on governance and registration matters. Over 25 charities successfully registered for clients.
- 7 years’ as CEO, NZ National Maritime Museum
- Completed a number of Feasibility Studies for small NZ museums
The following testimonials have been anonymised since permission of the writers has not been obtained to publish their names.
“Larry Robbins has done a fantastic job editing the ICMM newsletter and website … ” President, International Congress of Maritime Museums (ICMM)
“The Trust did appreciate your counsel, your input into some very difficult negotiations and your chairmanship … “
“The Board received your Feasibility Study at last week’s Board meeting and were impressed with the work and the results … ” Museum Director
“What an honour it was for Massey University to have you address the third graduation ceremony …Your address was pertinent and well thought out, and I acknowledge on behalf of the Council and the Auckland Campus, the time you took to prepare and attend the graduation ceremony.” Chancellor, Massey University
“Thank You so much for your talk to the xxx Probus Club last Wednesday. As I told you at the time, your animated rendition of the [rescue] was particularly effective … As you discovered, your talk interested many of our members sufficiently to ask you multiple questions and the buzz afterwards was most complimentary. ” Secretary, xxx Probus Club
“[Larry] is one who has made (and continues to make) a very valuable contribution to a world-wide community [of museums] and to maritime history. In fact, his part in coordinating the 2005 ICMM Congress in Auckland in 2005 made him famous as a man who gets things done … ” Director, Australian National Maritime Museum